What is Invisalign?
We all know that having a beautiful smile is important, but it’s hard to feel confident when you have misaligned teeth. If your teeth are gapped, overcrowded, overlapping, or your bite doesn’t line up, it can have a tremendous effect on how you feel about yourself.
Magical Smiles can give your self-confidence a well-deserved boost with Invisalign. This revolutionary orthodontic system is virtually invisible, so nobody has to know you’re wearing it. Invisalign is a way to straighten your teeth and gain the more aligned smile you’d love to have. You won’t have to put your life on hold when you choose to have Invisalign. There is no metal involved, so it’s comfortable to wear. It works by using a series of clear aligners.
Each aligner set is changed at regular intervals and will gradually shift your teeth into the ideal position. Your invisible aligners are custom-created for you and can be removed to eat, brush and floss or for a social event.
Orthodontics Issues Invisalign Can Fix
Depending on the severity of a situation or if there are various dental issues, some patients with the following concerns may be treated by Invisalign:
n crowding, the teeth overlap and twist because the jaw doesn’t have enough room to fit all of them. Food can become stuck due to the reduced space between teeth, and tartar and plaque can build up, leading to dental decay and gum disease. For some cases of crowding teeth, Invisalign may be an option, depending on its severity.
An overbite is when the upper teeth extend far beyond the lower teeth. Certain foods can be challenging to chew or bite if you have an overbite. Invisalign can align teeth, so they cover the bottom and top teeth when you close your mouth
In an underbite, the bottom teeth are in front of the top ones, and the cause is usually a prominent lower jaw that recedes. If you have an underbite, your teeth can wear out faster, and you may experience speech difficulties. With Invisalign, the lower teeth can be moved back to sit behind the front teeth naturally. Invisalign may be combined with braces in extreme cases, and some underbite cases cannot be treated with Invisalign.
When your upper teeth fit behind your lower teeth when your mouth is closed, a crossbite occurs. The problem can affect teeth at the front or the back of your mouth. With Invisalign, teeth can be moved into the correct position, and crossbites can be corrected.
Gaps In Teeth
Food may get caught in the gaps between your teeth, causing gum disease and pain. Although Invisalign can close gaps, there are limitations to how much space can be closed.
Open bites occur when the front upper and lower teeth slant outward, so they are not touching when the mouth is closed. It can be fixed with Invisalign by repositioning the upper and lower teeth to close correctly.
Book A Free Invisalign Consultation Today
If you’re interested in getting your smile straightened, we can help. Schedule a free consultation with us where we’ll let you know how much it costs and if it’s right for you.
Why Choose Magical Smiles for Invisalign in Caroline Springs
Do you have gaps between your teeth, overcrowding, or an overbite?
We can help! Our Invisalign treatment can help you fix your dental problems and boost your confidence. Furthermore, we want orthodontic treatments to be accessible to everyone who needs them. That’s why we partnered with two separate organizations that can assist you with a flexible payment plan. It will take you just minutes to apply to National Dental Plan or our other payment plan options. You can be quickly approved and you can move forward with having a straighter smile.
When you choose us for Invisalign treatments, you can smile with confidence again as soon as possible. We offer same-day appointments, so you won’t have to wait for too long. Let us know what time works best for you, and we’ll get started right away on your future smile.
FAQs About Invisalign
Orthodontic work like Invisalign is an excellent option if you’re looking to get straighter teeth, but it can be pricey. Invisalign is a well-known brand that offers clear braces or invisible aligners and requires less work than traditional metal ones since the brackets are made of plastic.
Many factors contribute to the cost of Invisalign, such as your oral health needs and how much work needs to be done. Treatment costs tend to range from about $3,000 to $9,000 depending upon these variables, so it’s important to know what your insurance will cover before you commit.
Invisalign allows you to fix your teeth without everyone seeing the process. It is great for people who want a “smile makeover” but don’t want others to know about it. However, Invisalign is not for everyone. Invisalign is perfect for those who are interested in correcting mild to moderate tooth crowding or spacing problems. Invisalign can correct teeth gaps, crowded teeth, underbites, overbites, crossbites, and open bites unless the case is too severe. The Invisalign system is also a great option if you have recently had your teeth corrected but found that they have shifted back into their original positions; it allows for easy adjustments to restore the initial correction.
In order for an Invisalign treatment to be effective, it’s vital that you have an initial consultation with your dentist, who will assess whether or not they think you’re eligible for Invisalign. Only an Invisalign provider, like Beyond Smiles Dental, can correctly assess your needs and help you determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you.
There are many choices when it comes to aligning your teeth. Invisalign and braces are two options when it comes to aligning your teeth. There is no doubt that both of these procedures can help you correct uneven teeth, but each comes with its own pros and cons, so you should weigh them carefully before making a final choice.
- Cost of Treatment: While the price of any orthodontic work depends on the complexity and length of treatment time, you can generally get metal braces for less than Invisalign.
- Appearance: Traditional metal braces involve brackets that are cemented to each of your tooth with a wire joining them. Invisalign, on the other hand, involves wearing clear plastic aligners that fit snugly over your teeth.
- Food Restrictions: Some types of food, like sticky and crunchy foods, should be avoided when wearing braces. On the other hand, with Invisalign, there are no food restrictions when you are not wearing them. However, you have to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, and you can only drink water when you are wearing them.
- Cleaning: Braces require special care and can be challenging to clean. Invisalign trays are easier to clean because they are removable.
There’s no denying that Invisalign is an attractive option for some people, but the most severe cases may require fixed braces and, sometimes, even surgery. Beyond Smiles Dental can help you figure out which of the two is the better choice and recommend the treatment we think will work best for your unique situation.
Invisalign can be an effective way to correct teeth alignment and improve oral hygiene. However, they are not without risks or side effects that you should keep in mind before undergoing treatment, such as:
- Tooth Nerves: There is a chance that the Invisalign treatment will damage or kill nerves in the teeth, especially if the patient has had a previous tooth injury.If we find any damaged nerves, we may recommend an endodontic treatment like a root canal treatment first before proceeding with further dental work.
- Crowns and Fillings: The Invisalign trays are designed to adjust and move your teeth in small increments over time, making them susceptible to damage. If fillings fall out or crowns become damaged while wearing the trays, replacement may be necessary before moving on with the treatment.
- Discomfort: Discomfort may be experienced for the first few days by first-time users, but it will typically go away as soon as you get used to having the aligner in your mouth. Scratching of the lips, cheeks, and tongue are also common occurrences.