Orthodontic treatments are an effective way to address crooked teeth. But if you’re not interested in traditional metal braces, Invisalign offers a viable alternative to achieve an aligned smile.
Invisalign is a clear aligner system designed to get straighter teeth without metal braces.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of using this revolutionary treatment.
- Summary of the article:
- How Does Invisalign Treatment Differ From Traditional Braces?
- What Are the Main Benefits of Invisalign Treatment?
- How Effective Is Invisalign Treatment in Straightening Teeth?
- How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Typically Take?
- Is Invisalign Treatment More Comfortable Than Traditional Braces?
- Can Invisalign Aligners Be Removed for Eating and Cleaning?
- How Does Invisalign Treatment Affect a Person’s Speech?
- Is Invisalign Treatment Suitable for Teenagers and Young Children?
- How Does Invisalign Treatment Compare to Other Clear Aligner Options?
- How Does Invisalign Treatment Compare to Traditional Braces in Terms of Cost?
- Is Invisalign Treatment Covered by Insurance?
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
Summary of the article:
- Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces for a good reason. Unlike metal braces, they’re virtually invisible and more comfortable. And they’re particularly beneficial for people with busy schedules.
- You have the benefit of removing them when needed. Such as during special occasions or when you need to clean them.
- Another benefit of Invisalign is that it’s easy to clean. Gently brush them with clear liquid soap, rinse, and dry them before popping them back in.
- One downside of Invisalign is that they’re most suitable for mild to moderate cases of dental misalignment. This includes misalignment, gaps, and crowded teeth. But this shouldn’t stop you from considering Invisalign as a treatment option, as many benefits outweigh this downside.
- We suggest booking an appointment with your dentist at Magical Smiles to determine if you’re the right candidate for Invisalign. For more information on Invisalign treatment, visit us today!
How Does Invisalign Treatment Differ From Traditional Braces?
Invisalign treatment is a new way to straighten your teeth without traditional braces. But how does Invisalign differ from traditional metal braces?
The most noticeable difference between braces and Invisalign is their appearance. Metal braces are more obvious on the teeth. Invisalign’s clear trays aren’t noticeable when worn. They’re ideal for people who want to be discreet about orthodontic treatment.
With traditional braces, brackets and wires pull the teeth into alignment. Invisalign consists of aligner trays worn over your teeth like a retainer. These plastic trays move your teeth into place over time through a series of different aligners.
Traditional braces can be uncomfortable, requiring tightening and adjustment throughout your treatment. There is less discomfort with Invisalign because there are no wires or brackets to poke and irritate your gums or lips.
What Are the Main Benefits of Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign is virtually invisible
This is a significant benefit over traditional braces, which can be very noticeable. Because the plastic aligners are clear, most people won’t even know you’re wearing them in social settings.
Invisalign is removable
You can take them out for special occasions or when you need to brush and floss your teeth. Meal time is easier because bits of food won’t get stuck in hard-to-reach places.
Please remember to take out your removable aligner before enjoying your favorite food to prevent staining.
Invisalign is comfortable
These removable aligners are made from a smooth, comfortable material that won’t irritate your gums or cheeks like regular braces. There are no metal wires or brackets that can sometimes be irritating, like with other appliances. Its smooth plastic design provides a similar feeling to wearing retainers. They can address crooked teeth with less discomfort than regular braces.
Invisalign is easy to clean
The cleaning process is easy! Give them a quick brush with lukewarm water every night and each time you switch a new set of aligners. This helps remove the buildup that leads to discolouration over time.
Take a few moments to dry your Invisalign before putting them back on. Moisture can cause discolouration, which may impact their visibility.
Failing to keep your aligners clean may also lead to tooth decay, bad breath, or gum disease. Keeping your Invisalign clean is key to dental health.
Invisalign is great for busy adults.
Invisalign might be the right choice for you if you have a busy lifestyle. Unlike traditional braces, which require regular checkups and adjustments, Invisalign requires fewer visits to the dentist. This makes it easy to fit into your schedule.
How Effective Is Invisalign Treatment in Straightening Teeth?
Invisalign has a 96% success rate. But, its effectiveness depends on how you follow your dentist’s instructions and the severity of your dental issues.
Invisalign is suited for mild to moderate cases of crooked or misaligned teeth. More complex cases need traditional braces or other treatments to achieve optimal results. Discuss all options with your dentist before committing to a treatment plan.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Typically Take?
The removable aligners are tailored for your exact tooth movements. They apply steady pressure over time to bring your teeth into the ideal position.
On average, most patients notice a straighter smile after 12 to 18 months. Short and mild adjustments are made throughout their course.
Is Invisalign Treatment More Comfortable Than Traditional Braces?
The custom-made aligners are made of smooth, comfortable plastic. You can achieve straight teeth without some of the discomforts of getting conventional braces. They fit over teeth and help manage teeth spacing and realignment comfortably.
Plus, no traditional metal brackets means fewer chances of irritation due to spikes in metal wires. This provides a noticeably more comfortable experience.
Can Invisalign Aligners Be Removed for Eating and Cleaning?
One of the great advantages of Invisalign is that dental aligners can be removed when you eat or clean your teeth. This makes it much easier to maintain healthy oral hygiene habits compared to traditional braces. Unlike with the brackets and wires of traditional braces, you won’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck. Because of this feature, you can reduce the risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease.
How Does Invisalign Treatment Affect a Person’s Speech?
For the most part, Invisalign won’t affect your speech. They’re designed to rest comfortably on the surfaces of your teeth. Invisalign doesn’t change the ability of your tongue and mouth to form letters and syllables.
Patients undergoing the Invisalign treatment program shouldn’t experience noticeable changes in their speech patterns.
Is Invisalign Treatment Suitable for Teenagers and Young Children?
Invisalign For Teenagers
It’s difficult being a teenager, and clunky metal braces don’t make it any easier. Luckily, Invisalign is a great alternative to help your teenager address their dental issues.
- Invisalign is designed to fit your teen’s lifestyle.
- There’s no need for rubber bands or other accessories that could be difficult to maintain.
- Instead of visiting the dentist every few weeks, teenagers only need to come in every 6-8 weeks.
- As long as they can commit to wearing their invisible aligners 22 hours a day, they should see significant results in their smile.
Invisalign For Children
Children ages 7-14 whose jaws are still growing might benefit more from traditional braces. Metal brackets offer more control over tooth movement.
- Because of their age, young children may find it challenging to keep up with the routine of wearing Invisalign aligners as instructed.
- The aligners must be removed while eating and drinking anything other than water.
- Invisalign should be worn for 20-22 hours daily for them to work effectively. If your child doesn’t follow these instructions, their teeth may not move into the desired position.
How Does Invisalign Treatment Compare to Other Clear Aligner Options?
When considering which clear plastic aligner to choose, consider the advantages of Invisalign.
This specific aligner has many perks, from its customised fit to greater personal comfort.
Some teeth straightening merchandise may irritate your gums. However, this isn’t usually an issue with Invisalign.
Furthermore, Invisalign provides fewer adjustments than traditional metal braces. The process is often faster and more effective.
Invisalign is great whether you’re trying to improve your confidence or jaw health. It’s easy to see why Invisalign has become a go-to for helping its patients achieve beautiful smiles.
How Does Invisalign Treatment Compare to Traditional Braces in Terms of Cost?
Braces and Invisalign are popular treatments for achieving straight teeth. But which one is better for you? To help you decide, here’s a comparison:
Braces typically cost between $3500 to $6500 for treatment. The cost varies depending on the complexity of your case. With braces, you may need additional fees for extra visits or adjustments.
Invisalign dental treatment can range from $4500 to $8000, depending on how many aligners you need. Similar to braces, the cost varies if you need any additional services.
Regarding cost alone, both treatments share a similar price tag. However, other factors make one option more appealing. This includes lifestyle, comfort, and removal times.
Is Invisalign Treatment Covered by Insurance?
If your health fund covers orthodontics, you can get reimbursement for Invisalign treatment. Your dental plan’s limit on orthodontic work is reduced according to the number of claims made.
However, we suggest contacting your private health fund provider for more information on your level of cover.
Invisalign treatment can benefit those seeking to address many dental problems. It offers comfort, invisibility, and the convenience of taking the aligners out when necessary.
Thanks to its success rate with teenagers, it’s also becoming popular amongst parents. Invisalign is worth considering if you’re looking for a practical yet comfortable method.
Discuss any oral health issues or concerns with your dentist before deciding what treatment plan suits your needs. They will be more than happy to assist you in finding the right treatment for your needs.
If you’re interested in getting a straight smile with Invisalign treatment, book an appointment with our clinic today!